Saturday, October 1, 2011

#149: SLSC - Day 43

Day 43: Ms. Swadu Natasha Beckley

Born in Freetown in 1987, Swadu attended the Leone Preparatory Primary School in Freetown under the care of late Aunty Bertha, and continued her studies at the Brook House Elementary School in Langata, when her family moved to Nairobi, Kenya in 1996. In the United States, Tasha continued her education graduating from Wakefield High School class of 2005 in Arlington, VA.

Titles:
Miss Sierra Leone World 2011
Miss Africa USA 1st Princess 2010
Miss University of Virginia's College at Wise 2009
Miss Sierra Leone Washington DC 2009

Swadu Natasha Beckley, a 24-year-old poet (with over 300 poems in her name) and a senior majoring in foreign studies at the University of Virginia’s college at Wise is the current Miss Sierra Leone World 2011 and First Runner-Up of Miss Africa USA 2010. Unassuming Tasha as she is fondly called, is a finalist representing Sierra Leone at the Miss World 2011 to be held in London, UK in November this year.

When once asked by a colleague about her fula first name and krio surname, she had this to say: “I am a proud and strong Sierra Leonean woman of mixed blood. I walk with the style and grace of a Mandingo princess; blessed with the smile and the radiance of a Fula tribe; my bluntness and manipulative ways was inherited through my Temne side; while my sharp curves , my round hips, my sweet words and thin lips were granted to me by ancestors of the Krio tribe. These are cultures united to create a strong black woman full of West African, Sierra Leonean pride”.

“Whether working with elderly women, school age girls, or the young mothers, I saw gorgeous, striking women in Sierra Leone. Not only did they have the qualities, but also they were pure in heart, and good spirited. I was so proud to be a Sierra Leonean woman. I will not say that I am prettier than the women from Sierra Leone, or that they were as pretty as me, because beauty is defined by one’s character. As women, our personalities make us glow from within. After experiencing this I am delighted to say that “SALONE,” women are not only stunning, they are hardworking, and good hearted, now that is what makes us so beautiful.  I believe I have what it takes and humbled by this opportunity to represent Sierra Leone and Africa so proudly”.

Vote and encourage your colleagues and families to vote for Ms. Swadu at
http://missworld.com/allcontestant2011.html.

Read more about Ms. Swadu on her website.
Facebook Page
Miss World

Tune in to SLMTV Radio right now, call in, and make donations to send our extraordinary, intelligent, passionate, beautiful, and talented Ms. Swadu Natasha Beckley to Miss World 2011 as Miss Sierra Leone 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...