Monday, May 2, 2011

#70: HOAES (4)

As I progress in my engineering classes, I have come to realize that engineering is a field that is oriented towards a lot of group work. In the past 30 days, I've had at least 4 group projects and those projects are worth a good amount in my grade cumulation for each of these classes. Being that fact that engineering is heading or has already headed towards the path of being a field focused on group/team work, I will highly advice anyone who has interest in getting into any engineering field to be a little extroverted.

Do not get me wrong, shy and laid back people have equal chances in excelling in engineering, and have in the past; however, it is imperative that one has willingness to work with others in order to pass some engineering assignments due to group projects. As for me, I enjoy working alone sometimes, but there are times that I really appreciate working with others because we tend to bounce off ideas from each other. However, I am conflicted certain times with group assignments due to the fact that not all members contribute equally as should be, and the work tends to be done by few of the members.

My advice to a present or future engineering student is that you must be lenient and accommodating of others when it comes to group assignments. Perform your task and contribute evenly in the project, even if some members try to take over all the tasks, because the professor probably has a good reason why she or he made the project a group assignment. Also, if some group members are not contributing as should be, first speak to them about it and if they refuse to listen, then do not be afraid to notify the professor about it, because if that individual does not contribute their part in the assignment, it will later hurt your overall group grade, which affects your grade.

Wan man geng - Menace Da General

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...