Sunday, April 3, 2011

#51: Now what?

I was just viewing some pictures of one of my favorite women celebrities and her pictures were absolutely stunning. While viewing her glamorous, modelesque pictures I realized that her pictures were all focused on her body, rather than her personality or entrepreneurship. She has branded her body, and tends to represent several products based on what she looks like now. So I started thinking, when she is twenty years older than she is today and does not have the same body anymore, now what? What happens to her career?

Being a model is a great job, but I do believe that it is essential to have several back-up plans especially when in a career that mostly comprises of body and age. I am sure she will still be gorgeous years from now, but I do not think she will get as many offers as she is now. In an industry that is always looking for new faces and bodies, I think it's very difficult to get too comfortable, regardless of how much one has striking physical features.

I think she is doing great for herself so far, because she collaborates in many areas in the entertainment industry, however, one can tell she is only getting offers based on what she looks like. This overnight celebrity is not really a professional model that is seen in catalogues or does runway, but lots of brands like her to represent them because they know she has a good following of fans who admire her for her beauty and body.  It makes me wonder sometimes how she feels about it, especially knowing the fact the she is not recognized for what she has done for society but for her body.

As for me, I won't deny my reasons for liking her. I like her because she's gorgeous, takes amazing pictures and makes use of her resources. Personality-wise, she's boring and does not seem like a fun person to be around, and I'm also a bit annoyed by the way she talks. In other words, it's one of those people that I believe follows the trend of "it is who you know and not what you know," because besides being photogenic, I have yet to see any other talents of hers even though she's branched into other parts of entertainment like music and acting, and I think she has been unsuccessful in both.

Ruben Studdard - Sorry


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...