Monday, April 4, 2011

#53: RED!!!

Many people that are acquainted with me know my obsession with the color RED! I am absolutely love the look of the color, regardless of the connection it has with my name. I feel it's partly because of my family's fault because I was dressed in that color a lot when I was younger and associated with the color a lot.

Personally, I love RED because of how bold, beautiful and vibrant the color is. RED is sometimes applied as a dangerous and evil color, but I refute those claims. I think RED is color that embodies strength, power and courage, no matter what experts may define it as. Just to name a few things, I love RED so much that even my laptop is RED, now that's what I call dedication :)

Mars is my favorite planet because of its RED color, even though geologically, the RED color is due to chemical weathering (oxidation) as a result of rust.

According to Wikipedia, "Red is used as a symbol of guilt, sin and anger, often as connected with blood or sex...The color red is associated with lust, passion, love, and beauty as well. The association with love and beauty is possibly related to the use of red roses as a love symbol. Both the Greeks and the Hebrews considered red a symbol of love, as well as sacrifice." In addition, "Red is used as a symbol of courage and sacrifice, as in blood spilt in sacrifice or courage in the face of lethal danger."

Whether defined as good or bad, RED will forever be my favorite color!!!
Baby it's you - Jojo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...