Friday, March 11, 2011

#34: Love all the way

After virtually witnessing the earthquake and tsunami in Japan today, I've come to realize how important it is to cherish life each day to the fullest. It made me realize that we need to love to the fullest and be grateful for the presence of our loved ones in our lives. Do not delay sharing your affection towards your family, friends, partners or acquaintances for tomorrow because tomorrow may never come for you or them, and act on it today.

I do not know anyone in Japan but my heart and prayers are truly with them, and I know God is in control. While watching these videos as the disasters unfolds, I realized how scary it must have been for people there and outside of Japan thinking and worrying about their families and loved ones. Although I was younger, but being a Sierra Leonean I have been in a situation like this before whereby the welfare of family members was a crisis during the civil war, so I could definitely relate.

Although I already knew this, but the disaster in Japan definitely reinforced the message that one must cherish their life each day and love like they've never loved before. Tell friends, family members and partners how much you like, love, cherish and appreciate them. Do not assume that the person knows but physically tell them and also show it. Do not show concern when they are in crisis but always be affectionate to them when you can.

Live your life to the fullest and do not wait for tomorrow, because there may not be a tomorrow. I advice you to follow your dreams today, make a positive change in your life and others, and show as much as affection as possible to the ones that you like, love and have been instrumental in your life and others.

As cliche as this may sound, I encourage you to live your life and do what makes you happy without inflicting any pain on others; love like you've never loved before to yourself, the ones that cherish, appreciate and respect you; laugh the loudest and most you can, and always keep yourself happy and comfortable; last but not least, dance off all your stress to your favorite songs and move every part of your body.

These words - Natasha Bedingfield

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...