Thursday, March 17, 2011

#43: Green day

Today my friends is St. Patrick's day, and I was obviously reminded from all green I see around campus in people's attires and properties. I've never really been conversant with this day, the background and meaning of it, but all I can summarize is that it has something to do with Ireland, drinking and beer, and green.

In the past, there have been times when I'll voluntarily wear green if told ahead but this year since I was unaware of it, I got out of my house rocking red! After going to my first few classes of the day, I decided to not change my outfit when I went back to my place during break because for two reasons. One, I don't know what this day really represents at all. Two and the most important reason is that I was wearing one of my new shirts which I absolutely love and it's also in my favorite color. In my world, the color RED is greater than green, a mon avis.

Besides the commemoration of this day, I've had a pretty nice day. The weather was gorgeous and still is outside and I loved it. In general, I'm just really happy and full of life more than usual today. There isn't really much of a reason and I like it because I'm celebrating life and no particular reason to. Even though I have a good amount of homework that awaits me, I'm still excited and smiling all day. Hopefully, my day will end with receiving good news but if I don't get that, I'm still happy because I'm breathing with good health and have people that I love and they love me in return.

Have a wonderful rest of the day. Stay safe and for the ones that plan to drink tonight for St. Patrick's day, please be safe, eat food before drinking, do not drive and stay away from risky encounters.
GreenDay - American Idiot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...